D A Y 2 N I G H T; Smokey Eye Glam



Happy Saturday!! I feel like I am always talking about how easy it is to take your makeup from day to night, but never show the different looks. 
To me, a smokey eye is the perfect glam for any occasion, being one of the main reasons I chose it for this post. Another reason I love this type of smokey eye is because of the technique behind it. By concentrating the darker colors around the lash lines, you are not only creating a look that flatters every eye shape, but keeping the focus on the eyes, making them really stand out! Finally, I believe a smokey eye is one of the easiest looks to transition from day to night. Because a good smokey eye consists of layers, starting out with something soft and gradually adding darker shades makes for a perfect, fool-proof nighttime glam!

Think of the daytime look as your transition shade. You want this look to be soft and work appropriate, while eliminating time spent glamming later. For me, this was a subtle contour and highlight, lighter brows, and prepping the eyes with colors I would later incorporate into my nighttime smokey eye. You don't necessarily want one feature to overshadow the other, but rather keep the overall look healthy and glowing. 


To transition eyes from day to night, I gradually added variations of darker colors until I reached my desired smokey-ness.
I started by adding a dark taupe shade on my lid and slightly blending it into the crease. By doing this, you not only create a nice base for the darker color, but it also helps to create a nice gradient effect.


 Next, I applied a black liner and smudged it out with a matte black shadow, ultimately blending it into the taupe color we started with. 

Lastly for the lids, I took a rich brown shade to warm up my crease, blend everything out, and finished with a satin brow bone highlight. 

Using the same black eyeliner, I lined my waterline and lash line to define my eyes even more. I then took the same rich brown and taupe shades used on the crease, to soften and smoke everything out. 

To complete my nighttime glam, I deepened my contour, applied some falsies to really amp up my eyes, and added an extra glow to the high points of my face. 

Personally, smokey eyes are one of my favorite looks to wear, and I enjoy the darker, more dramatic look. That's the great thing about smokey eyes though, it's all in the technique; you can truly rock an amazing smokey eye in any color or intensity with a little blending, and a lot of your own personality!






*products used:
D A Y T I M E  G L A M
eyes;
TOO FACED: Shadow Insurance
URBAN DECAY: Strange(brow bone)
URBAN DECAY: Naked 2(upper crease/transition shade)
MAC: Soft Brown(crease)
LORAC: Smokin'(lid color)
MAYBELLINE: Great Lash
SMASHBOX: Full Exposure Mascara
NYX: Eyebrow Cake Powder- Dark Brown

face;
SMASHBOX: Hydrating Primer
REVLON: Colorstay Foundation
L.A. GIRL: HD Pro Concealer- Creamy Ivory
BEN NYE: Cameo(to set concealer)
BENEFIT: Hoola(warm up skin)
ANASTASIA BH: Fawn(contour)
NYX: Liquid Illuminator- Sunbeam(cream highlighter)

lips;
NYX: Pale Pink
MAC: Cream Cup


N I G H T T I M E  G L A M
eyes;
TOO FACED: Shadow Insurance
URBAN DECAY: Venus(brow bone & inner corner highlight)
URBAN DECAY: Naked 2
MAC: Soft Brown
LORAC: Smokin'
CHANEL: Jersey Ambre- Taupe(lid transition color)
URBAN DECAY: Zero(to smoke out liner/lid color)
NYC: Velvet Eyeliner- Black
ARDELL: Individuals- Medium Flare
NYX: Eyebrow Cake Powder- Dark Brown

face;
SMASHBOX: Hydrating Primer
REVLON: Colorstay Foundation
L.A. GIRL: HD Pro Concealer- Creamy Ivory
MAC: Prep & Prime- Light Boost(to highlight under eye area)
BEN NYE: Cameo
BENEFIT: Hoola
LORAC: Tantilizer(cheek color)
ANASTASIA BH: Fawn(to deepen contour)
ANASATSIA BH: Sand(highlight)
NYX: Rituel(highlight)

lips;
JORDANA: Rock N' Rose
MAC: Myth
MILANI: Bare Secret










0 comments