What I Wore; NYE Glam


While I wouldn't have wanted to spend my new years eve any other way than glamming my babes, I also wanted to be on their level of slayage before we brought in 2016!


I knew I wanted to wear something festive, so instead of sticking to just one popular new years makeup trend (think, lots of glitter, black out smokey eyes, and metallic shadows) I decided to take a little inspiration from each, creating this champagne metallic eye with a pop of glitter!



Different tones and layers of metallic shadows help to give a gradient effect, while blending the glitter seamlessly. Applying an eyeshadow in the same or similar color as the glitter not only act a base, but is another way to blend any harsh lines.

Personally, I use clear eyelash glue in place of actual glitter glue. It does just as good as a job, and almost every glam girl has it laying around somewhere on their vanity!
After applying glue to the area where you want the glitter, like with lashes, you want to wait for it to get tacky. Then with a synthetic brush (your fingers work too) press and pack on the loose glitter.

*Cosmetic glitter works best, and is safest for the eye area. However, if you must use craft glitter, be sure to use the finest milled kind with caution- glitter in the eye is never fun!*


Because the eyes are the main focus of this look, I wanted to keep the rest of the face soft and romantic with the use of pinks and white gold. Baby pink lips complimented by an intense glow compliments the soft smokiness of this festive glam!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy New Year!!
Throughout the yearly trials we all face, I have to say the amount of opportunities and people that came into my life in 2015 definitely weighed out the bad. I can honestly look back on 2015, and say that it was a better year than 2014, and I'm excited for what the new year has to offer! 

2015 was also a year of lessons, the biggest being to only stay in competition with myself. With the hype of social media it's easy to get distracted by how fast others become successful. While I can thank social media for some of my opportunities, I also have to remind myself to stop comparing my journey to others; we all grow at different paces and your success happens when it's your time. To be able to look back on the last year, last week, or even yesterday and know that you've grown in some way is the best goal we can accomplish!






*products used:

eyes;
ELF: Eyeshadow Primer
URBAN DECAY: Naked Basics Palette- Naked (transition shade)
ANASTASIA BH: Dusty Rose (crease color)
URBAN DECAY: Naked Basics Palette- Faint (outer crease transition shade)
ABH: Noir (deepen outer crease/ base for glitter)
ANASTASIA BH: Bellini (first lid color)
ABH: Pink Champagne (lightly packed on lid)
KISS: Eyelash glue
BEN NYE: Black Glitter
NYX: Silver Glitter
URBAN DECAY: Naked Basics Palette- Venus (brow bone highlight)
ABH: Starlight Illuminator (inner corner highlight)
ABH: Chic (to blend glitter and lid colors)
MAC: FluidLine- Blacktrack
MAYBELLINE: Great Lash
ARDELL: Wispies
NYX: Micro Brow Pencil

*lower lash line:
URBAN DECAY: Naked Basics Palette- Faint (define lower lash line)
ABH: Dusty Rose (blend out lash line)
ABH: Noir (line lash line)

face;
MARIO BADESCU: Rose Facial Spray (to hydrate & prime)
MAYBELLINE: Better Skin Foundation
NYX: Dark Circle Corrector- Light
L.A GIRL: HD Concealer- Porcelain
SMASHBOX: Contour Stick Trio- Bronze (warm up skin)
SMASHBOX: Contour Stick Trio- Contour (contour cheeks & nose)
RCMA: Translucent Powder (bake/set under eyes)
the BALM COSMETICS: Bahama Mama (set /deepen contour)
ANASTASIA BH: Starlight Illuminator
BENEFIT: Dallas (blush)

lips;
NYX: Lip liner- Natural
MELT COSMETICS: Sext
L.A GIRL: Wonder Lip Paint- Whisper








0 comments