January Top 5 Beauty Favorites


This year, I've decided to do a top five favorites of each month vs. the usual long list of products I fall in love with. Because let's be real, I could talk and talk and talk about thousands of different products each month but no one really has time for that.
Sooo, without further adieu, my top 5 beauty favorites for January!



Covergirl, Ready, Set, Gorgeous Concealer in Light:
Being on the fairer side of the complexion spectrum, I have a hard enough time finding a good high-end concealer that is going to correct AND highlight, let alone a drugstore one. Enter this baby to cure all my concealer woes. This product is lightweight, oil-free, and blends out beautifully. Wear it alone for a more natural finish, or pair it with a color-correcting concealer for more coverage.



ELF, Small Tapered Brush:
This brush has literally replaced all my other "fancy" setting makeup brushes! Tapered but still dense, this brush packs on powder without looking cakey or smudging previously applied product. Fits perfectly under your eyes and in your budget - he retails for only $3!



Color Club Nail Lacquer, Miss Bliss:

One word, hologram.
This color was on my nails throughout the entire month of January. Not only does it shimmer and shine beautifully when the light hits just right, but it is long lasting and durable. I could rock this polish a good week and a half without any chipping or cracks! Comes in a variety of 9 out of this world shades.



Forever 21's Love & Beauty, Shimmering Illuminator Powder in Champagne:

You may have noticed this is the main highlighting product I've used in my most recent post, but that's because I'm literally obsessssed with it! This powder gives you that perfect glowing, dewy finish with just a flick of your brush. Personally, I would name it Pink Champagne, for it does have more of a pink undertone, but still pairs nicely with all makeup looks.



Crown Brush, 88 Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette:

I'm usually more of a matte eyeshadow type of girl, but I rediscovered my love of shimmer in January. This was my go-to palette all month long, for you can create such a variety of different looks! I prefer using eyedrops to give shadows a more pigment like consistency, but they wear beautifully on their own as well. I especially love the lighter shades for my inner corners and brow bone.


*nails: NYC- French White
*ring: BCBG







Until next month...







0 comments