Christina Aguilera- Lady Marmalade; Halloween Glam


"Made the savage beast inside roar until he cried..."

How has October gone and arrived again so soon?! 
This look was on my list of Halloween glams to create for quite some time, and finally decided to recreate it last year. Even though I never got around to posting it then, I wanted to share the classic look this Halloween season!


I really wanted to channel the character Christina and the other girls portray as Lady Marmalade. A seductive, liberated, and passionate woman of the New Orleans red light district. The animal instinct they havoc upon men, making it seems that it was all just a bewitching fantasy!


Besides countless views of the 2001 music video (I can pretty much harmonize each girls part), I studied multiple behind the scenes pictures of Aguilera's makeup.


I started this glam by trying to achieve my best early Xtina eyebrows! Although my natural brows are light, they're not as thin. To give this effect, I used the tried and true glue stick trick to mask my natural brows before feathering on some new ones.

Moving on to the eyes, I knew there was going to be a lot of blending and layering involved. I started with a gradient of pinks into darker purples and eventually black to define to lid. To achieve the exaggerated blown out effect, I used the same shades of pink from the crease in conjunction with a vibrant blush, blending and building until desired intensity was met.
This was also a time before the craze of a heavy highlight (I know, can you young kids even believe it), so I opted for a heavier contour, skipping blush to keep the focus on the vivid eyes!


The face jewels were from Michaels and I just adhered them with clear eyelash glue.
The wig was a gem I found on Amazon! To add the color extensions Christina wore for her look, I took shadows from the same Morphe palette [used on the eyes] and a makeup sponge. I finished with a light spritz of hairspray to lock the color in.


The head crown was actually a pair of earrings from a different costume that I just pinned into the front of the wig. This totally worked last minute, but I'm almost positive you could find a headpiece or necklace similar.
The rest of the costume I just had- you truly never know when all those random accessories will finally have their day out of the closet!


"Voulez vous coucher avec moi"




* M A K E U P  D E E T S:


e y e s;

ELF: Eyeshadow Primer
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette--
Light Pink shade (upper crease/ transition)
Darker Pink shade (deepen crease/ transition)
Shimmer Pink shade (crease)
Medium Purple shade (inner crease- blended into lid)
URBAN DECAY: Fishnet (inner crease highlight)
ANASTASIA BH: Noir (lid)
NYC: Liquid Liner (define lash line)
COVERGIRL: Lash Blast Mascara
SALON PERFECT: 614 Lashes
NYX: Micro Brow Pencil- Taupe


l o w e r - l a s h  l i n e / c h e e k s;

NYC: Black Kohl Liner (water line)
ANASTASIA BH: Noir (smudge out liner)
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette--
Dark Purple shade (smoker out liner)
Light Pink & Dark Purple (to smoke out/ create "triangle shape")
URBAN DECAY: Fishnet (add highlight to center of "triangle")
STILA: Custom Color Blush- Pink (blended into contour/ above brows)


f a c e;

REVLON: Colorstay Foundation
RCMA: Foundation Palette (cream contour)
SMASHBOX: Hydrating Under-eye Primer
LA GIRL: HD Concealer
RCMA: No Color Powder
MAC: Give Me Sun
NYX: Lipliner- Cocoa (mole)


l i p s;

NYX: Lipliner- Black Berry
JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS: Velour Liquid Lipstick- Unicorn Blood
CLINIQUE: Red-y to Wear Lipstick- #12 (center of lips)










0 comments