Houston Recap; ft. @nojusthenry Makeup Workshop


Oh hi, it's been a while..
January is always a weird month- creatively, am I the only one who finds themselves in a funk?! Anyways, I'm back! I'm excited! and I've got some cool shit in the works!
I figured what better way to start my comeback then with a little recap from an opportunity I was fortunate enough to enjoy late last month.



*photos taken from instagram, @nojusthenry

If you don't follow Henry Vasquez, better known as @nojusthenry on Instagram, you are truly missing out. So naturally when I found out he was hosting a workshop here in Texas I jumped at the opportunity to attend! Seeing as I had to make the trip from Dallas to Houston, I thought why not make a weekend out of it and invite my bestie along for the ride?! 

Henry's workshop was held at Brian Champagne's serene salon, which was a bonus for he also talked and shared some of his professional insight. Five hours later I took away some major keys, two pages of notes, and a super generous goody bag!


Along with picking up tips during Henry's demos -he did both a daytime glam and a "bump up" glitter glam, I got a chance to see products in action I have been wanting to try, as well as products I personally use on myself and my clients! For example, LA Girl Pro Concealers. Vasquez loves these to conceal/highlight, but especially to contour. I also love these concealers for they are highly pigmented, provide amazing coverage, and retail at beauty supply stores for around $3!
**Henry Must Have: LA Girl HD Pro Concealer- Beautiful Bronze**

Another product I was excited to see used was Elcie Cosmetics' micro slique foundation. Not only did this product apply like a dream, giving a flawless coverage with a natural matte finish, but comes in shades with neutral to yellow undertones!
**Henry Must Have: Elcie Cosmetics, Micro Slique Foundation- Vanilla**

Having a history in product and brand development, Henry also shared some inside secrets regarding ingredients and formulas. Like this fun fact as to why some formulas of liquid lipsticks cocktail better than others. Ever notice how darker shades apply seamlessly and wear comfortably with minimal flaking, opposed to some lighter shades that tend to ball up and flake off?! This is because of the amount of talc used. The darker the color the less talc; the lighter the color the more talc.
**Henry Must Have: Jeffree Star Cosmetics, Velour Liquid Lipstick- Celebrity Skin & Druglord**

**A few other Henry Must Haves:**
Hot Makeup, Wanderlust Blush
Laura Mercier, Secret Brightening Powder
OCC (Obsessive Compulsion Cosmetics), Cosmetic Colour Pencils
*all products are linked

While he also included tips on baking, applying glitter, and social media presence- I don't want to give away all his secrets; I definitely left with new knowledge I can apply when doing mine and others makeup in the future!

However, the biggest take-away from this class was something different, getting to know the person behind the glam and the gram. Henry's energy, spirit, and story are truly inspiring. He is proof that if you work hard and believe in yourself, you will be able to overcome any obstacle standing in between you and your dreams- and that was truly the biggest technique I learned from this workshop.


Be sure to keep up with Henry, in the hopes he comes to a city near you!




2 comments

  1. Nice share! Thanks a lot for such a lovely blog posting this time around as well.
    Ref:- Beauty Courses in Australia

    ReplyDelete