GREEN NIGHT OUT


A stan of the monochromatic trend, I thought it would be fun to take it to a whole new level by matching my makeup to my outfit!


This is a tried and true makeup trend that can be seen all over runways, print campaigns, even the Kardashians. 
Green is a color of virtue, beauty, and love, for it has been linked to many greek goddesses of the past. The beautiful emerald color of this dress not only inspired me, but pulled me away from my traditional night out glam!


The technique to achieving this smokey eye is super simple, and can be used with any combination of shadows/ colors.
I started with a neutral transition shade. Transition shades help to give definition, while acting as a guide for other shadows. I next blended the lid shade into my crease. This acts as a placement guide, allowing colors to flow seamlessly in a gradient.
 Brining that same shade onto the lid, to finish off the look.
I wanted the green on my lids to be a little more metallic, so I took a light gold shade and applied it to the middle of my eyes with my ring finger for that added pop!


I opted for a darker nude lip, to compliment the darker eyes without lips looking washed out or too muted.







M A K E U P  D E E T S:

e y e s;

ANASTASIA BH: Rustic (crease/ transition)
Anaconda (crease & lid)
Cyprus Umber (outer v/ smoke out lash line)
Fairy (center of lid)
ULTA BEAUTY: Gel Liner Pencil- Black
LANCOME: Monsieur Big Mascara
HOUSE OF LASHES: Siren
ANASTASIA BH: Brow Wiz- Ebony

*repeat shadows on lower lash line


f a c e;

ELF: Beauty Shield Makeup Mist
L'OREAL: Pro Glow Foundation
RCMA: Color Correcting Concealer
LA GIRL: HD Concealer- Porcelain
RCMA: Translucent Powder
BENEFIT COSMETICS: Hoola Quickie Contour Stick
KAT VON D BEAUTY: Shade & Light Palette
ANASTASIA BH: Amrezy Highlight
NARS: Unlawful Blush


l i p s;

COLOURPOP X ILUVSARAHII: Curvii Lipliner
BITE BEAUTY: Custom Lipstick
BITE BEAUTY: Rambutan Gloss






shop similar dresses here:







0 comments