Smokey Night Out Glam


Everytime Anastasia Beverly Hills comes out with a new palette, I'm never disappointed!
Soft Glam is my current love affair; with fourteen shadows ranging from bronze metallics, neutral mattes, and every iridescent shade in between, it's the perfect palette to get ready for a night out!


After purchasing this dress for my club hosting debut (I have a different kind of booking info now), I knew I had to bring back my smokey eye and bun!
I also knew I wanted to do more of a dimensional smokey eye, versus the transitional dark to light.

Starting with a neutral matte shade in the crease helps to blur and transition the other shadows. Applying and blending darker matte shades in the outer crease, slowly starts to define and begin the smokey process!

I wanted to add dimension to the lid, so I began by packing on a deeper metallic chocolate brown shade to my lid. Topping it off with a lighter, iridescent gold shadow. Using your finger to apply this lighter shade allows the two colors to melt into one another without adjusting the previous placement. The pink reflects in the gold shadow also compliment the metallics in the darker brown.



The final step is to smoke out the lash line. I wanted this part to be super dark, and super sultry!
I started by tight-lining both upper and lower lash lines, proceeding to smudge and smoke the liner out with black shadow. I prefer a gel pencil to do this, for it's not only creamy enough to smudge without tugging the eye lids, but water resistant so it stays in place all night!

Of course I had to balance the eyes out with my favorite nude, glossy lip!





Shop similar dresses:







*M A K E U P  D E E T S;

E Y E S:

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS: Soft Glam Palette-
Tempera (brow bone)
Burnt Orange (transition shade)
Rustic (outer crease)
Sultry (base lid shade)
Glistening (lid topper)
Cyprus Umber & Noir (to smokey out liner and lash lines)

BENEFIT: Bad Gal Bang Mascara
HOUSE OF LASHES: Siren
ULTA BEAUTY: Gel Pencil Liner- Black
ANASTASIA BH: Amrezy Highlight (inner corner)
ANASTASIA BH: Brow Wiz- Ebony

*repeat shades on lower lash line


F A C E:

ELF: Beauty Shield Makeup Mist
TOO FACED: Born this Way Foundation
LA GIRL: HD Concealer
RCMA: Cream Contour Palette
BEN NYE: Cameo Powder
KAT VON D BEAUTY: Shade & Light Palette
ANASTASIA BH: Amrezy Highlight
NARS: Unlawful Blush


L I P S:

ULTA BEAUTY: Lipliner- Flush
NYX COSMETICS: Soft Matte Lip Cream- Cairo
BUXOM: Lip Polish- Allison





0 comments