PINK DEVIL; Halloween Glam


Halloween, one of my favorite times of the year! 


I always say I'm going to plan my looks throughout the year, but somehow October still creeps up on me! My future self was looking out however, when I saved a picture late last year.

"White Whisper" by Amber Carr Art was the image I stumbled upon, fell in love with, and instantly knew I had to recreate for a Halloween look.



There are so many different versions of devils; from the more common evil red character, to the more sexy version, the extreme mythical demonic creature found in movies and tv, even the silly cartoon baby.

What drew me to these devil babes (as Amber calls them), are all the emotions they exude. They're beautiful in this melancholy way, yet still possessing this mythical almost mischievous edge. There's also so many stories you can conjure up from this piece. Are they two friends sharing secrets, or are they trapped in the underworld longing for something more?! 
I ultimately wanted to embody the moody feel portrayed through the eyes of the character. 
While I was inspired by Amber Carr, she actually found inspiration for the pink character from Hedy Lamarr. That's where the slight old Hollywood vibe comes from.




From a makeup standpoint this look is fairly simple. The most challenging part (besides painting half of your body pink), would be covering and creating new brows. To do this I used the tried and true glue stick hack! 
*tip: the purple one works the best*


The shading on my eyes and face was all done with the same two-three eyeshadows.
I started with a lighter pink to define the crease and build the shape of my eyes. Then using a darker pink to deepen the hollows from the brow to the contour of my nose. This gives that theatrical, moody effect to the look. Using an even darker, more purple toned shadow, I created a baby wing to add even more expression and elongate the eyes. I opted for a deep purple rather than a black to not overpower the other shades in this look.

I followed the same gradient technique to contour, highlight, and sculpt my face. Applying blush higher into the under eye area also gives a more natural flush to the cheeks.


I decided last minute to pop some individual lashes to my lower lash line to play up the doe-eyed look, further adding even more expression!


The devil horns I got at a local Halloween store and just painted pink.
The wig, I've had for a while and is actually pink! It photographed blonde, and I'm not mad at it. I think it brings a different, fun element to the overall character.








M A K E U P  D E E T S:


e y e s;

MORPHE: light pink shadow (crease/ transition)
MORPHE: 15s palette- #Besties (crease)
COLOURPOP X ILUVSARAHII: Through my Eyes Palette- Divina (liner/brows/ a little in hollows)
SNAZAROO: face paint & KKW BEAUTY: Brigtehning powder- shade 1 (lid)
CLINIQUE: High Impact Mascara
SALON PERFECT: 615 Lashes
KISS LASHES: medium individual lashes


f a c e;

SNAZAROO: face paint
COLOURPOP X ILUVSARAHII: Through my Eyes Palette- Divina (darkest contours)
MORPHE: 15s Palette- #besties (contours)
KKW BEAUTY: Brightening Powder- shade 1 (highlights)
BH COSMETICS: Hot pink blush

l i p s;

ULTA: Lip liner- Rose
MAC: Viva Glam Lipstick- Miley Cyrus

*I edited my eyes pink in post, because ya girl does not fuck with contacts*









0 comments