HELLO THIRD TRIMESTER : What it's like being pregnant during a pandemic


How are we here already?!


If you would've told me 7 months ago that I would be pregnant in the middle of a global pandemic caused by an unknown virus flipping life everyday as we know it upside down, while riots and protests fighting for equal rights are also happening all over the world, I would've assumed you watch waaayy too many sci-fi movies.
Yet here I am writing this from the comfort of my home, while the outside world is still in shambles, and a tiny baby kicks in my belly. 


There are a lot of emotions and a lot of firsts that come with being newly pregnant. From the excitement of telling your friends and family, your first ultrasound seeing your little peanut, the first baby item you buy, the first talks of your baby shower, the first time family and friends see your bump, and eventually the first time your baby kicks. 
However, 2020 has changed a lot of these moments for us first time moms.



To be honest, I've had some pretty hard moments throughout this pandemic pregnancy. Did I think I would be social distancing from my mom and sisters at such an exciting time? 
That the only way for them to see my growing bump was through text or FaceTime?
That I would be going to every doctor appointment alone- even the monumental ones?
That I would be out of work for months, or the stress that comes with being with an essential worker?
Even having to rethink all the plans for my baby shower?
NO.

At the end of the day, does any of THAT stuff really matter? No.
I'm healthy, baby is healthy, and my loved ones are as well. On top of so many other blessings we've received throughout this time that may not have been given if things were different. God had a plan, and knew what he was doing when he made me pandemically pregnant!



Quarantine has given us a new outlook on things.
For me personally, it has allowed me to connect with the peace and beauty that is my growing baby and body. A new appreciation for my family and friends and the ways they've helped keep the "first time mom" excitement alive. Time to reconnect with hobbies that calm my mind. An opportunity to organize and prep for the baby in ways I would have told myself I was "too tired" or "too busy" to do otherwise. I've even started cooking/baking, which is something I RARELY did (Donovan says it's my motherly instincts kicking in).

This time has also helped build and strengthen the relationships most important to me, while finding new ways to connect and share these special moments. For instance, going to doctor appointments alone allows me to video the ultrasounds- something we probably would have not thought of doing before. I now have pictures and videos of our baby moving inside me, and a way to experience that moment with loved ones. It truly makes it much more magical!

So, was I down and in my feelings in the beginning? Yes (crazy times and pregnant hormones aren't the greatest combo).
[but] Honestly I couldn't be more happy to become a mom! From every little kick, poke, movement, even craving, this baby already brings so much delight and excitement to each of my days. This might not be the pregnancy any of us first time moms envisioned, but it truly is such a joyous and blessed time for us to cherish and enjoy!

April - May - June

May - June


I can't believe that I'm in the final stretch of baking my baby! It seems like not too long ago I was looking at my little bloated belly envisioning a "real" baby bump!

Despite the crazy times we're in, I thank you for letting me share a different type of crazy time in my life. There's honestly soo many more things I've been working on to share, and my hope is that these post bring some light and love to whoever wants to experience (or going through) it with me.

Moms are strong, but quarantine mommas might be even stronger!



1 comment

  1. Beautiful post! Pregnancy is such a challenge, as well as motherhood. You are embracing being a mom amazingly!

    ReplyDelete