Tuesdays Tips; Lipstain, Lipstick Duo


Introducing a new weekly series I like to call TUESDAYS TIPS! Every Tuesday I will share my favorite beauty hacks; some to help you in a bind, others to help you save time and money. Being in the cosmetic industry and a makeup junkie for many years, you come across tips and tricks that can truly make your life a little easier. 

This is like my little black book of beauty and I can't wait to reveal my secrets with you all!


How perfect is it that today is National Lipstick Day and my first tip involves lipstick?!? Hello, the beauty gods could not have sent me a bigger sign. This trick has been one of my favorites for years now, especially with the continuous craze of lip stains. Layering a light wash of a lip stain, in a similar color under your lipstick will help to prolong wear and avoid fading! Let's be honest, there is nothing worse than rocking that fabulous lipstick hue and hours later looking like a cheap chola. The lip stain will stain your lips so even as the color from the lipstick begins to wear off, you won't be left with lots of liner on top a bare lip.

Of course you could apply a heavier wash of the lip stain and just add a gloss, or wear the stains by themselves. They're beautiful either way. Personally, I find most lip stains to be a little drying, adding color with your lipstick will help to keep your lips hydrated throughout the day. Another reason to love this little tip!

 

While I only show some of my favorites for a brighter or darker lip, you can totally rock a gorgeous nude lip with this trick as well.



*products used/ mentioned:

orange lip;
BENEFIT - Cha Cha Tint
NYX: Lip Liner - 824 Orange
MAYBELLINE - 880 Electric Orange

purple lip;
HOURGLASS: Sheer Lip Stain - Aura
JORDANA: Lip Liner - Cabernet
MAYBELLINE - 420 Deepest Cherry

BENEFIT - Bene-Tint
NYX: Lip Liner - 839 Dolly Pink
LOREAL - 175 I Pink You're Cute
STILA: Cheek and Lip Stain - Acai Crush
GUERLAIN: Lipstick - 165







0 comments