Labor Day Inspired Looks


Let me first start off by apologizing for being so MIA recently. This past week was definitely a busy one, full of other commitments and opportunities that I can not wait to share with you all! So here I am, refreshed and happy to be back! 


With the four day holiday weekend upon us, I was inspired to create two different looks you could rock no matter how you end up spending your days off.


If you live in a hot climate, like myself, you understand the importance of ensuring your makeup stays all day. When creating these looks, I wanted to use makeup that was waterproof, in addition to products that won't leave you feeling heavy or cakey while outside in the heat. You can spend your weekend having fun instead of worrying if your mascara is running away from your lashes!



I wanted to keep the first look a little more glam. Think a BBQ, parade, or any other kind of outside festival where you would want to embody that effortlessly cool- end of summer vibe. This look is perfect, for it not only gives you a glowing fresh-faced appearance, but dual purpose products cut getting ready time in half!


Adding a mini dutch braid to the front of my hair is one of my favorite ways to keep my side bangs out of my face all day. This look also makes for an easy transition to a pony tail if having your hair on your neck becomes too hot to handle


*products used:
eyes;
TOO FACED: Shadow Insurance
NARS: Glitter Pencil- Xenon
BH COSMETICS: Party Girl Eyeshadow Palette: 
Light Purple Shade (to set the Nars pencil)
Tan Shade (to add a little definition in the crease)
White Shade (to highlight brow bone)
STILA: Stay All Day Waterproof Mascara
SMASHBOX: Limitless Waterproof Brows

face;
SMASHBOX: Hydrating Primer (t-zone only)
LAURA MERCIER: Radiance Primer & REVLON: Colorstay Foundation
*Mixing a primer like this one not only helps to thin out a full coverage foundation, but also adds a more natural glow to the face- perfect for long days outside if you're not a fan of BB Creams or tinted moisturizers.*
MAC: Prolongwear Concealer
BEN NYE: Cameo Powder
BENEFIT: HOOLA
MAC: Kelly Osbourne Collection- Jolly Good
*This acts as a beautiful natural, light bronze cheek color, while still providing a little extra highlight to the high points of the cheeks.*

lips;
NYX: Lip Liner- Pale Pink
NYX: Butter Gloss- Eclair




The second look is for my more laid back ladies, or anyone wanting to add a little oomph to their day at the pool. I wanted to keep this look super simple, and super lightweight! By once again utilizing dual purpose products, I was able to create a fresh look that is both sweat and splash proof! 


Using products such as stains and creams over powders help to create a more flushed, natural day in the sun look; while still providing coverage without feeling sticky.







To ensure my makeup does not move while enjoying the day in the sun, I like to spray on Urban Decay's All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. This spray is suitable for all skin types, and provides smoother, more vibrant looking makeup that last without separating or settling into fine lines and pores. 


As for my hair, I like to let it go natural at the pool. I do however spray some of my favorite texturizing spray from Paul Mitchell, before and after a dip in the water. This sea salt spray helps to hydrate and give you that sexy, beachy look we all desire!



*products used:
eyes;
NYX: Highlighter- Rituel
URBAN DECAY: Cannonball Waterproof Mascara
SMASHBOX: Limitless Waterproof Brows

face;
NEUTROGENA: Ultra Sheer Sunscreen- SPF 55
SMASHBOX: Hydrating Primer (t-zone only)
LAURA MERCIER: Radiance Primer & REVLON: Colorstay Foundation 
*worn the same way as in the glam look*
LA GIRL: HD Pro.Conceal- Natural
BENEFIT: Lip & Cheek Stain- Benetint
NYX: Highlighter- Rituel

lips;
FRESH: Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment- Passion SPF 15
NARS: Turkish Delight




So whether you want to spend the holiday more glam, or more laid back, I hope these looks inspired you as well!


Happy Labor Day to all my glam goddesses! xoxo






*earrings from glam look: old Forever 21, similar here, here & here
*earrings from laid back look: last season ALDO, similar here & here
*bikni top: H&M this season











0 comments