Golden Goddess; Halloween Glam




Halloween is more than just a candy filled holiday. To makeup lovers it's a day/night (sometimes a whole month) to transform into anything or anyone our hearts desire!


I was not too sure what I wanted to do for my first Halloween look, but the creative bug bit me last night and a Golden Goddess is what I came up with! While this look is fairly easy to achieve, you can really tailor it to your liking. No matter what skin tone or face shape, this look is universally flattering- let your creativity shine through and have fun with it!




This look definitely combines two of my favorite things, gold & dewy, glowing skin. The best part of this glam is the combination of 
drugstore and high-end products. I'm a huge believer in inexpensive makeup. Sure, I love my high-end brands, and sometimes you really do get what you pay for; but every now and then you come across a product and feel like it's wrong that something so great can be so inexpensive!


For instance, the Forever 21 palette I used on my eyes. I pulled this little gem out from the back of my makeup drawers, and instantly felt regret for not doing this sooner! Seriously, the shadows are so pigmented and velvety! Plus, I knew how perfect the gold and copper shades would be for this look. 



The fun part was transforming myself into gold! I contoured my face per usual, and added Lorac's Tantilizer to my cheeks. This allowed for a little definition while still staying true to the overall look and feel. Because I am so fair skinned, I used a darker foundation to warm up my neck area -- this is also a great way to fake a costume -- then began using gold-toned products to bring color and glow to my face and body.


For the glitter, I found that hairspray is the best adhesive. I used Vidal Sassoon aka the stickiest hairspray I own. Just spray a little on the area and pat on the glitter. I also found that using your fingers to do this is best. 



I used this same technique to apply the glitter throughout my hair and on my hairline. As far as my hairstyle, I just re-created the same sleek style from my Kim Kardashian inspired look. Annnd of course, it wouldn't be Halloween if I didn't rock some glitter brows!






*products used:
eyes;
LORAC: Behind the Scenes- Eye Primer
BH COSMETICS: 12 color concealer palette (to carve out brows)
LORAC: Au Naturel (brow bone)
MAC: Soft Brown (transition shade)
FOREVER 21: 16 Shade Shimmery Shadow Palette- Gold & Copper Shades
MORPPHE BRUSHES: ES22 & ES24 (blend inner & outer V & lower lash line)
URBAN DECAY: Crave (outer V & lower lash line)
CLINIQUE: Quickliner- Really Black
LAURA MERCIER: Gold Thread Liquid Liner (inner corner)
NYX: Glitter- Gold (inner corner)
MAYBELLINE: Great Lash (light coat on top & bottom lashes)
SMASHBOX: Limitless Waterproof Brows

face;
SMASHBOX: Photofinish Primer
REVLON: Colorstay
LA GIRL: Pro Concealer- Classic Ivory
MAC: Prolongwear Concealer
ANASTASIA BH: Banana (set under eye area)
ANASTASIA BH: Java (contour shade)
LORAC: Tantilizer (bronzer/cheek color)
LAURA MERCIER: Mineral Illuminating Powder- Starlight(cheekbone highlight)
NYX: Illuminator- Rituel (cheekbone highlight)

MAYBELLINE: Dream Liquid Mousse- Sandy Beige (darken neck)
LA GIRL: Pro Concealer- Natural (darken neck)

lips;
SMASHBOX: The Nude Lip Pencil- Medium
NARS: Moon Fleet

*NYX: Glitter- Gold used for brows, hair, and neck






psst! remember when using drugstore/ less expensive eyeshadows, investing in a good primer is key! This makes a huge difference, not only in longevity, but how well they blend into other shadows as well. 
















0 comments