Matte Lips & Gold Glitter; Holiday Glam




Merry Christmas Eve!! ❤️ I have been obsessed with the matte lipsticks from Maybelline ever since they came out a few months ago. While the collection is full of fabulous shades, Divine Wine is my favorite, especially this time of year. The best part about these lippies (besides the price point) is how creamy they are. Unlike other matte lipsticks that tend to leave my lips looking crapey, with Maybelline's soft matte lipsticks I never felt like I needed to apply an emergency dose of lip balm throughout the day! Personally, I am not a huge fan of red lips, which is why I chose to go with this richer cranberry shade vs a classic red. 



I wanted this look to be glam and sexy, with subtle pops of glitter to add that festive feel. Gold is a favorite of mine not only for the warmth it brings to skin when wearing bolder lips, but how it perfectly compliments red tones as well. Like I said before, a darker lip is more me; but feel free to rock any shade of red to make this festive look completely yours! 

-- I included some of my favorite reds below. --









*products used:
eyes;
TOO FACED: Shadow Insurance
URBAN DECAY: Strange(brow bone)
MAC: Soft Brown (transition shade)
MAC: Brown Script (crease color)
URBAN DECAY: Trick(wet with eyedrops - center of lid)
URBAN DECAY: Honey(inner lid)
FOREVER 21: 16 Shade Shimmery Shadow Palette- Gold (inner lid)
LORAC: Bronze(outer lid)
MAC: Corduroy(outer crease)
LAURA MERCIER: Gold Thread Liquid Liner(lower lash line -smoked out with Soft Brown & Brown Script)
NYX: Glitter Mania- Gold(lower lash line)
NYX: Rituel + F21 Gold Shade(inner corner highlight)
NYX: Eyebrow Cake Powder- Dark Brown
NYC: Liquid Liner
SMASHBOX: Full Exposure Mascara
EVERLASH: #48

face;
SMASHBOX: Photofinish Primer
REVLON: Colorstay
L.A. GIRL: Pro Concealer- Classic Ivory
MAC: Prolongwear Concealer
BEN NYE: Cameo
BENEFIT: Hoola
ANASTASIA BH: Fawn(contour)
NYX: Rituel(highlight)
BH COSMETICS: 10 Color Blush Palette- Light Cranberry Shade

lips;
MAC: Nightmoth
MAYBELLINE: Soft Matte- Divine Wine




favorite (matte) red lip alternatives:
LIMECRIME: Wicked
LIME CRIME: Red Velvet
NARS: Red Square
DOSE OF COLOR: Kiss of Fire
STILA: Liquid Lipstick- Tesoro
NYX: Soft Matte Lip Cream- Amsterdam















0 comments