Glampire; Halloween Glam


It's finally that time of year!
This Halloween look came to be in the same way most of my best looks do, at 3am with no direction. 
Maybe it truly is the witching hour...


I knew I wanted my first look to be something a little deadly with a hint of glam, but also my take on something that has been overly done in previous years. Being inspired by the multiple tv shows and movies that showcase vampires in a more sexy and mysterious sort of way, I came up with a glampire!
She is just that, alive and mysterious in a way that entices her victim (probably a man), but desperate enough that she needs his blood to survive and continue living her fabulous undead life!


To start this look, I used the white shade from my Morphe Brushes cream contour palette & a little bit of my lightest foundation to white out my face, essentially making me look dead. Then taking a gray shadow, I started to carve out and define my face, because even though we are dead, we're still glamorous and still need a fierce contour! I incorporated the same warm tones on my eyes to warm up my skin, blending them in with the contours of my face.

For my eyes, I did a super blended, undone kind of smokey eye using the Morphe Brushes 28 F palette and Anastasia Beverly Hills shadows. I started with red tones blending them in the inner corners, and up towards the brows. This creates depth in a deadly way to the eyes.
Then with a mixture of purples, grays and browns I continued to blend and smoke out the colors all the way around the eyes, really hollowing out the lower part giving that bruised, tired feel. While this look is "messy", I still wanted the lines to be very soft with little sight of any demarcation between colors. To finish off the eyes and really add the glam, I applied a crisp winged liner & full wispy lashes.

Using the same method and colors I created the bite marks on neck. 


To make this glampire look even more halloweeny, I added some fake blood to the corner of my mouth and the bites on my neck. 
* I picked this fake blood up at my local Halloween store, and while it served it's purpose for photos, it was not very realistic in person. Nor did it drip and move like I would've liked it too. I would suggest purchasing a different kind, or just watering down some red lipstick.*


I absolutely loved how my glampire turned out, and think it is the perfect costume if you're still on the fence on what to be for Halloween this year- as you can see it is super simple to create! You can truly make her as glam or as dead as you want. 
Some ghostly shadows, personality, and lots of blending is all it takes for this glampire to come to life!





*products used:

eyes;
TOO FACED: Shadow Insurance
RCMA: Translucent Powder (to set eyeshadow primer)
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette- 
Matte Red Shade (inner corners- up to brow bone/ lower lashline)
Shimmer & Matte Gray Shades (to smoke/ add definition & darkness to eyes)
ANASTASIA BH: Aubergine 
Fudge
Heirloom
(all blended in inner & outer corners/ lower lash line)
ANASTASIA BH: Chic (wet with fix +, on center of lid)
MAC: Studio Fix Powder (to blur out edges)
NYC: Liquid Liner
MAKEUP FOR EVER: Aqua Eyes (line water line)
ANASTASIA BH: Coal (smoke out & set liner)
COVERGIRL: Lash Blast Mascara
ARDELL: Double Up- 203
NYX: Micro Brow Pencil- Brunette
ANASTASIA BH: Coal (deepen color of brows)

face;
MARIO BADESCU: Rose Facial Spray (hydrate & prime face)
MORPHE BRUSHES: 06CF Palette- White Shade
LOREAL: True Match Foundation (mixed with the white cream shade)
RCMA: Translucent Powder (to set foundation)
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette- Matte Gray Shade (to contour hollow out face)
ANASTASIA BH: Havana & Aubergine (to warm up face)
CITY COLOR: Contour Effects 2 Palette- White Highlight Shade (highlight high points)

lips;
MAKEUP FOR EVER: Aqua Eyes (line lips)
ANASTASIA BH: Trust Issues

*fake blood is from Spirit Halloween
** I got this necklace from Sam Moon about three years ago







0 comments