October Top 5 Beauty Favs


Now that the holiday season is in full effect, can we just take a moment for the fact that there are only TWO more months left in 2015! I know I've said it plenty of times, but I can't get over how fast this year has went by. Anyway, besides October being the month of Halloween, I actually have 5 quite normal favorite for you!


Redken, Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist:
I picked this guy up on a recent trip to Ulta, not for any specific reason but that I've felt that lately my hair has been lackluster. I have a lot of hair, but a lot of fine hair so using oils and certain products that are meant to add shine can actually weigh my hair down, doing more damage than good. Not this guy though! I have been so pleasantly surprised with this Redken spray that I not only spray it on my hair before blow-drying, but after styling, and even throughout the day for a little shine pick me up!


RCMA, Translucent Powder & Real Techniques, Miracle Complexion Sponge:
A fellow makeup artist recommended this product to me, and obviously I have been loving it ever since! This translucent powder sets makeup flawlessly without moving, or changing the color of previously applied product[s]. I have also been using it with my Real Techniques sponge to bake certain areas of the face. While I'm not a huge fan of this sponge for applying product, it is the perfect baking tool; for the pointed side fits seamlessly under the eyes, while the flat side carves out contours like a true queen! A little bonus, both these products are super inexpensive- I mean this RCMA powder is almost a fourth of the cost of other popular setting powders!


Soap & Glory Products:
*shown, Righteous Body Butter, Clean on Me, and Hand Food
I cannot explain to you how excited I am that this brand is back on shelves!! I fell in love with this brand back when I worked at Sephora, and stocked up on a few of my favs, again on my latest trip to Ulta. All Soap & Glory's products share their signature pink rose and bergamot fragrance, that combines scents such as, fresh bergamot, rose, strawberry, soft musk, and amber. Cleansers clarify skin without stripping it of it's natural oils, leaving you feeling sexy and smooth. While lotions and body butters are lightweight and formulated with vitamin E, shea and cocoa butters, aloe vera, and rosehip to intensely hydrate even the driest of skin types. Non-greasy and quick drying, you too will fall in love with this brand after just one use- I promise! 
They also have the cutest packaging and gift sets for the holiday season!



Anastasia Beverly Hills, Liquid Lipstick- Trust Issues:
I was liviiiinnggg for this shade throughout the entire month! Whether I was applying it to myself, my girl friends, or my clients this was one lipstick I just could not put down! Being a great choice for fall, this rich vampy plum shade contains brown undertones and literally flatters all skin tones. Besides color options, ABH liquid lipsticks are among my favorites for their staying power as well. Throughout eating, drinking, talking, and laughing, you're not going to have to worry about whether your lipstick is still popping or not!


Morphe Brushes, 28 F Palette:
This is a product I mention frequently on my blog, but never in depth. I find myself reaching for this palette the most during Halloween, for it contains a wide variety of colors in both matte and shimmer finishes. The bold bright colors are great for creating fun looks, whether they be for Halloween or not, while the more neutral tones are perfect for achieving rich dark smokey eyes. Morphe shadows are intensely pigmented and ridiculously affordable, you truly get the most bang for your buck with this brand!




*nails: OPI- Barefoot in Barcelona








Until next month...

0 comments