Q U E E N B E E



"yellow, it's me."


While scrolling through the gram, prolonging my getting ready process per usual, I came across this picture from @nojusthenry and instantly fell in love!


I have raved about Henry Vasquez (@nojusthenry) before and how much I not only admire his work, but his persona as well. While he always post creative and inspiring makeup looks, there was something about this innovative, vivid look that sparked me to create my own version!

Vasquez used a Jeffree Star liquid lipstick as an eyeshadow (these are cruelty free and safe to use on the face and eyes as well)! I had just received my summer collection of Jeffree Star lippies, so I thought why not do the same?!

After two trial and errors with this whole lipstick as an eyeshadow thing, I found it worked best without the use of an eyeshadow primer and [with] a synthetic blending brush. -- I used two from Real Techniques -- 
I did have to work fast; like when applied to the lips, these lippies can dry a bit quick.


I have recently been really into yellows. I think it is a color that gets overlooked often, for it can be rather intimidating. I mean, when we think of yellow what comes to mind? Nail polish, eyeliner, and the forgotten shade in your favorite eyeshadow palette. To me, yellow is actually a universally flattering color! Imagine how gorge this bright yellow would pop against deeper skin, or how it would compliment the warmth of others. I personally love the way it brought out the color of my eyes in a non conventional way!


Blending a darker shadow up into the brow is a more artistic way to bring dimension to the eyes; while a yellow liner in the waterline helps to eliminate any negative space.
Because the eyes truly are the focus of this look, I chose to keep everything else muted and neutral. I skimped on blush and instead used a bronzer to bring warmth to the cheeks, and a true nude matte lip (also a Jeffree Star favorite) helps to not distract the focus elsewhere.





*products used:

eyes;
JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS: Velour Liquid Lipstick- Queen Bee
ANASTASIA BH: Phresh (darker yellow in crease/brow & underneath to blend lipstick)
NYX: Kiss the Day (brow bone highlight)
COVERGIRL: Lash Blast Mascara
SALON PERFECT: 615 Lashes
NYX: Micro Brow Pencil- Ebony
ANASTASIA BH: Clear Brow Gel

face;
MARIO BADESCU: Rose Water Facial Spray (hydrate/prime)
NYX: Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator- Sunbeam (to add glow to the skin)
RCMA: Foundations
LA GIRL: HD Concealer- Classic Ivory (conceal dark circles)
LA GIRL: HD Concealer- Porcelain (conceal/highlight)
RCMA: Foundations (cream contour)
RCMA: No Color Powder (bake undereyes/ set high points of face)
LAURA MERCIER: Mineral Pressed Powder- Natural Beige (set foundation)
MAC: Give Me Sun bronzer
ANASTASIA BH: Gleam Glow Kit- Mimosa (highlight)
THE BALM COSMETICS: Mary-Lou Manizer (highlight even more)
THE BALM COSMETICS: Betty-Lou Manizer (blush)

lips;
OCC: Lipliner- Pennyroyal
JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS: Velour Liquid Lipstick- Mannequin

brushes;
REAL TECHNIQUES: Starter Brush Kit- Deluxe Crease Brush
& Duo Fiber Brush Kit- Duo Fiber Eye Brush


*nails: OPI- Barefoot in Barcelona







0 comments