CRANBERRY CAKE


Does a smokey eye get anymore summertime?!


Cranberry and red tones have been seen all over this season. From the runways to the best in the biz creating looks on some of the industry's most famous faces!

I first fell in love with a look Patrick Ta shared on his Instagram, and have since seen the internet blow up with various recreations. Obviously, I couldn't double tap fast enough and decided to create my own rendition!






As an avid user and sucker for warm tones it's easy to see why I couldn't stay away from this look. Add the element of a blown out smokey eye and this look couldn't be more "Kitty"!


I've said it before, but I'll say it again-- smokey eyes are all about blending and gradients. You ultimately want the transitions from dark to light to be seamless. 
For this look, I started with a softer burnt orange shade as my transition, gradually building up the crease with similar tones.
Once the crease is the desired depth and intensity, I blended a darker red shade into the lower crease. This is where you can be messy as far as getting the shadow on the lid, for it will act as a base for the shimmer.

Colourpop is easily in my top ten favorite brands for many reasons; and if you have been with me for a while know how much I adore their super shock shadows. These shadows pack amazing three dimensional pigment without making a dent in your bank account!
Unfortunately, this was their limited edition birthday shade but I linked similar shadows below.


I wanted to keep the lower lash line slightly darker, pulling more from the red hues to define. Really exaggerate your blending to give a more blurred out effect.

As far as my lips, I opted for a concealer versus a lipstick. This industry trick allows you to mute out natural lip pigment. Choosing a darker more skin like tone avoids lips looking chalky. Top with a gloss and no one will ever know you're rockin' this 2000's trend!





*makeup deets:

E Y E S --

ANASTASIA BH: Burnt Orange (transition shade)
COLOURPOP X ILUVSARAHII: Freckles (transition/ crease)
ANASTASIA BH: Venetian Red (lower crease/ lid)
COLOURPOP: Supershock Shadow- Birthday Cake
COLOURPOP X ILUVSARAHII: Vivacious (inner corner highlight)
COLOURPOP X ILUVSARAHII: Distressed (brow bone highlight)

COVERGIRL: Lash Blast Mascara
SALON PERFECT: 615 Lashes
NYX: Micro Brow Pencil- Ebony
ANASTASIA BH: Clear Brow Gel


L O W E R  L A S H  L I N E --

ANASTASIA BH: Burnt Orange
COLOURPOP X ILUVSARAHII: Freckles 
ANASTASIA BH: Venetian Red


F A C E --

NYX: Born to Glow Illuminator- Sunbeam
RCMA: Foundation
RCMA: Cream Contour Palette
NARS: Radiant Creamy Concealer
RCMA: No Color Powder
BENEFIT: Hoola
MAKE UP FOR EVER: Pro Sculpting Duo- #2
ANASTASIA BH: Starlight Illuminator
MAC: Melba


L I P S --

COLOURPOP: Lip liner- Chi
LA GIRL: HD Concealer- Cool Tan
STILA: Magnificent Metal lip gloss- Moonstone



*colourpop- birthday cake shadow dupes:





0 comments