I tried turning myself into Morticia Addams, and it didn't go quite as planned...


Halloween, one of the best holidays.
From the spooky energy in the air, the giant bags of candy, creative costumes, and all the fun festivals and parties! For me, it's also a time to dive into my creative bag- and list, of all the ideas and characters I want to transform into!

The Addams Family is a cult classic, and with the cartoon remake coming out this Halloween season I thought, why not turn myself into this modern day Morticia Addams!


I pulled inspiration from the movie itself, along with various drawings I found online. This type of animated character was something completely different than I've ever done, but I was up for the challenge.


There were definitely points throughout this transformation where I thought to myself,
"where exactly is this going?"
Even the occasional,
"WTF am I doing?!"
came to mind, but these thoughts can arise throughout any creative process, so I kept going!


By the finishing touches, I knew she wasn't the Morticia I envisioned. However, I spent sooo many hours on her that I couldn't let this haunting Halloween look go to waste! Like, is she part Jessica Rabbit, is she a cast member from Planet of the Apes that got cut last minute, or is she just a creepy af Morticia?! It's up to your interpretation.

Were there parts of this look that I think I killed? Absolutely.
Do I look back and think what I could do differently next time? Totally.

I normally wouldn't share something like this, but it's funny, and it's real life what happens sometimes when creating something for the first time.

At the end of the day Halloween is supposed to be fun, it's supposed to be spooky, and I honestly spooked myself with this transformation!!



There may be more "Halloween Looks" coming, because why should we only do creative looks one month out of the whole year?!
(and I was blessed to be so busy that I ran out of time to create a few more I wanted to do)
In the meantime, head over to my Instagram to see some of the client Halloween looks I did this year!





Happy Halloween 👻


0 comments