Nordstrom Rack & Ulta; A Mini Skincare Haul




Memorial Day is usually spent poolside, soaking up the sun with a drink in hand, and a plate full of BBQ. However, when the forecast calls for rain and gloom the only better way to spend the holiday weekend is shopping with your bestie, and I took total advantage!! It was definitely a lighter shopping trip in the makeup/beauty department, but I was still able to come home with a few gems!

One of my favorite places to shop is Nordstrom Rack, you can literally find good deals in every department! Of course, I always b-line it to the cosmetics and beauty section, and yesterday was definitely my lucky day! I can usually find something in this section, but for once, while looking at all the makeup brands I was thinking to myself- “I already have something totally like this.” or “yeah, but do you really need that?” I know, crazy right? I don’t know if it was because of the weather, or because I had another voice of reason shopping with me, but I seem to becoming quite the responsible shopper. Lol for now at least!

Nevertheless, I came across some Stila Skincare items and immediately knew I needed them in my life. Trying their skincare line was something I've always been interested in, since I've heard nothing but praise about the products, and just by reading the box I was ready to take my seat on the skincare bandwagon. I picked up Coming Clean & Glowing Reviews. 





COMING CLEAN:
 revitalizing gel cleaner

This cleanser is formulated to remove oil, dirt, and makeup; purifying skin without stripping it of its natural oils. It is said to soothe the skin while cleansing, and even has a tiny tingle! 



 GLOWING REVIEWS:
  gentle skin renewal scrub

“Get your glow on” You had me right there Stila! But really, having dry skin is the worst no matter what season we’re in, so I was super excited when I found this scrub- as I’m always looking for new exfoliators that are not too abrasive. This scrub claims to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores, while leaving skin smooth and luminous. A non-irritating blend of fruit acids, enzymes, and micro-exfoliant beads help to gently polish away debris and dead skin cells. *use two-three times a week for best results* 


Okay, so all the information above sounds great, but what really sold me on these two items were the bullet points listed on the side of each box.

*alpine rose stem cell technology closely mimic the function of human stem cells responsible for renewing, repairing, and defending healthy skin. (both)

*gentle sulfate-free cleanser won't strip skin. (cleanser)

*lavender & chamomile essential oils calm and soothe while boosting circulation. (cleanser)

*hyaluronic acid helps boost moisture retention for ultimate hydration. (both)

*botanical PowerFruitMulti complex promotes healthy cell renewal. (scrub)

*gentle micro-exfolinat beads, fruit enzymes, and fruit acids polish away dead skin cells. (scrub)

*phyto-marine derived extracts nourish skin with omega essential fatty acids 3, 6, & 9. (scrub)

*natural beta-glucan helps skin retain moisture. (both)

*essential oils soothe and calm skin. (scrub)

*ideal for sensitive skin. (both)

*made with love and without synthetic fragrance, mineral oil, sulfates, paragons, or phthalates. (both)

Lots of high-end skin care lines are formulated with the same fatty acids, and anything with rose stem cell technology in it you can’t go wrong with. Hyaluronic acid is literally like a giant glass of water for your skin! Lastly, the fact that these products are formulated without mineral oil or added fragrance is perfect since lots of skincare lines include these ingredients which can irritate the skin-mine specifically. The best part? These babies were purchased for less than half of what they retail for. Once again, your face and your wallet will love you!

~~~~~~


A few more laps around the store, and two [satisfying] purchases later, we were ready to move on to the next stop, which just happened to be Ulta. It’s a blessing and a curse that Nordstrom Rack and Ulta are so close to one another. Like, one flight of stairs later and you’ve reached yet another beauty lovers paradise. As I said earlier, for once I was going in not needing to purchase anything..



~~~~~~ 


I have been a fan of the Mario Badescu products for quite a while now. I try to pick a few new ones up every time something in my skincare collection runs low. One key factor as to why I love his products is alcohol is never listed on ANY of the ingredient lists. Another reason; all of his products are simple. They don’t include added ingredients that provide no good to the product expect filling space, and his products are natural enough to work on the most sensitive of skin.

I recently ran out of eye cream. *screams in terror*  So it was definitely time to pick a new one up. I was using a different brand that costs me an arm and a leg, so I was rather thrilled when I saw that Mario Badescu’s eye creams were three times less the price for almost two times the amount of product. Serioulsy, this is one of the largest eye creams I have come across! I decided to go with the Ceramide Herbal eye cream.  


CERAMIDE HERBAL EYE CREAM:

This eye cream is proven to soften the look of fine-lines and wrinkles, while reducing the appearance of dark circles. It contains vitamin c, botanicals, and antioxidants like rose hip oils. These ingredients help to hydrate the eye area without feeling greasy.




The last skincare item I picked up on our little shopping trip was also from Mario Badescu.



FACIAL SPRAY WITH ALOE, HERB,& ROSEWATER:

Rose seems to be a reoccurring ingredient huh? Anyways, I love facial sprays for many reasons. Whether it be to set your makeup, revitalize your skin before makeup application, or to enhance the use of products, you can never have too many! I was excited to take this one home for it is said to help with the overall hydration of your skin. “A pleasant pick me up for dehydrated, tight, and uncomfortable skin.” See, right up my alley! Contains herbal extracts and rosewater to help boost skins hydration and glow. Use to set makeup, or throughout the day to rejuvenated the skin. Sounds pretty good to me!














0 comments