New Beginnings



As some of you may know, I recently quit my job. It was a big decision since I really did not have a "what next" figured out. I knew I wanted to solely concentrate on my makeup and getting my business finally up and running. Being a makeup artist is always something I thought- dreamed of doing, but never fully pursued because something was always in my way. That something was myself. It is going on five years that I have been in this on again off again relationship with my dreams, repeatedly pushing my makeup artistry on the back burner for a higher pay guaranteed type of job. Sure, I've had the occasional freelance jobs and while they always reminded me of how much I love this industry, I continued to get in my own way. I will be the first to say that no matter how much money you bring in every month, if it's not by doing what you love then that money will never truly satisfy you. While I would love to sit here and tell you I'm fortunate enough to never return to the work force, I'm not. I have bills to pay and more makeup to buy! But I can tell you I'm living for myself again. Ignoring all the thoughts, reasons, and people who try to tell me why I shouldn't do this; why I should get a "real job", and why it was a mistake to quit a job where I had a steady income. 

I will say, waking up every morning and being able to pursue a career in something I love is an awesome feeling money will never be able to buy. 


“Nobody is going to come and save you. You’ve got to save yourself. Nobody is going to give you anything. You’ve got to go out and fight for it. Nobody knows what you want except you, and nobody will be as sorry as you if you don’t get it. So don’t give up on your dreams.”







0 comments