Tuesdays Tips; Baby Powder Beauty Hack



Let me first start off by saying that I am fully aware this post is not going up on a Tuesday. Yesterday was my Mom's birthday, and sometimes things don't get finished in time, and you have to sacrifice those things for more important things. So here I am, on a Wednesday, coming out of a cake coma, with your next Tuesday Tip!


I feel like baby powder is one of those household products we all own, but never fully utilize- until now! You probably know the common uses such as, sprinkling some in your sneakers or flats to prevent sweaty feet, or helping to absorb our bodies natural oils. I however, have used baby powder for many many years for a different need, dry shampoo! We've all been there, thinking our hair could stand one more day of not washing, to wake up looking like we spent the night inside a deep fryer. Not to worry, sprinkle some baby powder on your roots (or any oily areas), wait a few minutes for your hair to absorb the powder, and gently brush away the excess.
Take your tresses from greasy to glam!


*photos were taken the same day*

This step is optional, but before brushing out the powder I like to massage my root area. Not only does this help the baby powder absorb more quickly, but adds extra volume to my hair as well. I'm a person who typically only washes my hair once or twice a week, so this little beauty hack really saves my life!



*Bonus Tip: Take your curls from tight to tousled by running some baby powder through them once they have cooled. The powder will act as a texturizing spray, helping to separate and provide a more beachy feel! 







0 comments