MAd HatTeR; Halloween Glam


"There is a place. Like no place on Earth.
A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger!
Some say to survive it, you need to be as
Mad as a Hatter. Which luckily I am."
For whatever reason, Halloween this year has been a challenging one- costume wise. I pondered ideas for WEEKS on what I wanted to wear to a costume party this past weekend, and could not make up my mind! Thankfully, I have lots of concepts for Halloween makeup, and a closet full of gaudy accessories that helped me achieve this last minute- but pretty awesome Mad Hatter Halloween glam!

This Mad Hatter makeup is one you can truly have fun with; let your creativity take over and put your own spin on it. Like myself, for instance. I knew I wanted to incorporate the colors in my jacket, while looking for inspiration from Tim Burton's version of the Mad Hatter as well. The cool part, you don't have to make it perfect- we're mad! No matter what skill level, you will be able to achieve this look!




For my eyes, I really wanted to play up the fact that I'm mad, by using the same color shadows but varying the placement per eye. This is where inspiration from both Johnny Depp and my jacket came into place. 

The Mad Hatter's color of choice is orange, so I definitely wanted to use this as my crease/transition shade not only for my eyes, but throughout the entire [makeup] look. I wanted my eyes to be very colorful and overdone, almost watercolor like. The key to this is blending. 






Of course I had to use glitter in this look somehow, and once again chose my brows! The Mad Hatter rocks very long, un-tamed brows. By using a variation of shadows and a lip pencil, I was able to fill in and thicken my brows before applying the glitter.

Because the eyes were the main focus, I wanted to keep my lips somewhat simple. I decided on an ombre lips that also incorporated like colors to balance the overall look. 




*Morphe Brushes 28F palette, I used for the majority of the look. Placement of colors listed below!*








*products used:
eyes;
TOO FACED: Shadow Insurance
URBAN DECAY: Strange (highlight brow bone)
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette- #6 (crease color/smoke out around eyes)
#8 (to deepen the crease)
#7 (lid color -used eyedrops to intensify pigment)
#10 (outer v of crease)
NYX: Jumbo Pencil- Milk (waterline)
SMASHBOX: Layer Lash Primer (to make lashes white)

inner corner of right eye/lower part of left eye:
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette- #2 & #5
MAC: Chrome

inner corner of left eye/lower part of right eye:
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette- #9
URBAN DECAY: Peace

brows;
NYX: Lip Pencil- 839 Dolly Pink (to shape)
URBAN DECAY: Fishnet
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette- #3 & #4
Pink Craft Glitter from Michaels

face;
SMASHBOX: Hydrating Primer
SMASHBOX: Photo Finish Primer
REVLON: Colorstay Foundation
L.A. GIRL: HD Pro Concealer- Natural Ivory
NYX: Jumbo Pencil - Milk (to highlight/whiten under-eye, t-zone, underneath contour)
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette- #1(to set NYX Pencil)
#8(to warm up cheeks)
#10(to deepen contour)
#3,#4,#6(to contour nose)
STILA: Countless Color Pigments- Finale(to slightly blush cheeks)
CHARLOTTE RONSON: 3X a Charm Palette- White Luminizer Powder(to highlight)

lips;
JORDANA: Cabernet
MAYBELLINE: Vivids- 880 Electric Orange
MAYBELLINE: Vivids- 860 Pink Pop(center of lips)

hair;
LOTS OF TEASING
LOREAL: Elnett
STAR QUALITY: Bright Color Hairspray- White(to lighten hair)
STAR QUALITY: Bright Color Hairspray- Pink
*hair color & mini Top Hat from Target






"We're all mad here."






0 comments