Galaxy Alien; Halloween Glam




Happy Halloween!!~ I came across this picture on Melt Cosmetic's Instagram page and instantly felt inspired. I have been hoarding this picture around in my camera roll, knowing that I wanted to recreate it, and figured Halloween would be the perfect occasion to give it a go! You have probably noticed by now how much my obsession with glitter grows during the Halloween season, so of course I fell in love with the idea of covering half my face in it! 

Although I did refer to this picture throughout the beginning of creating the look, I ultimately let my imagination and creativity take over. About halfway through, I realized how galactic I was becoming and decided to really play up that idea to transform into this glam galaxy alien!







I'll say it again, sometimes painting your décolletage makes for the best costume. I wanted to appear as if I was a haunting- but alluring creature of the galaxy. By incorporating the colors from my forehead I was able to create the galaxy print on my neck area. To achieve this cosmic look, I used a combination of disposable sponges and blending brushes to apply colors and face paint.
  
Despite using hairspray for the areas where I wanted the glitter to be more concentrated, it adhered nicely on it's own, to not only my décolletage but to my face as well. 






*products used:
eyes;
TOO FACED: Shadow Insurance
URBAN DECAY: Crave
BH COSMETICS: Day & Night Palette- Light Taupe (inner corner)
MORPHE BRUSHES: ES51 (crease & lower lash line)
LAURA MERCIER: Gold Thread Liquid Liner
URBAN DECAY: Honey(to emphasize gold liner)
NYC: Black Pencil Liner
URBAN DECAY: Fishnet (smoke out eyes/transition shade for forehead)
MAYBELLINE: Great Lash
KARDASHIAN BEAUTY: Scintillate Lashes

face;
SMASHBOX: Hydrating Primer
REVLON: Colorstay Foundation
L.A. GIRL: HD Pro Concealer
MAC: Taupe (to contour)
MORPHE BRUSHES: ES51 (to deepen contour)
URBAN DECAY: Fishnet (highlight)
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette- Iridescent Pigment (highlight all highpoint of face)
FANTASY MAKERS: Confetti Glitter (highlight cheekbones)

forehead;
RUBIES: Black Cream Makeup (found at Target)
URBAN DECAY: Crave (to set black face paint)
URBAN DECAY: Fishnet (add dimension)
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette- Light & Dark Gray Shades(add dimension)
BH COSMETICS: Day & Night Palette- Light Taupe Shade(add dimension)
MAC: Idol Eyes (add dimension)
FANTASY MAKERS: Confetti Glitter
NYX: Glitter- Gold

lips;
MAC: Lipliner- Stone (to line & fill in)
NYX: Macaron Lippie- Black Sesame(to give a gradient effect)
URBAN DECAY: Fishnet (to give a gradient effect)

neck;
RUBIES: Black Cream Makeup
URBAN DECAY: Crave
URBAN DECAY: Fishnet
URBAN DECAY: Honey
MORPHE BRUSHES: 28F Palette- Dark Gray Shade
MORPHE BRUSHES: ES29
MAC: Idol Eyes
FANTASY MAKERS: Confetti Glitter
NYX: Glitter- Gold












0 comments