D A Y 2 N I G H T; Everyday Eye look



I know in previous posts I have talked about how easy it is to take different looks from day to night, and shown examples of more dramatic, nighttime focused makeup. However, for this post I wanted to feature one of my favorite everyday makeup looks!

This is definitely my go-to eye look when I'm pinched for time- which is more often than I like to admit. Containing only three colors; a transition, crease, and lid, this look is super simple and super quick to create on those days we just can't quite get it together. 


Like I've said before, you want your daytime look to act as a transition, eliminating time you have to spend glamming for the night. Applying a pop of shimmer to the lid not only adds an extra touch of glam to this effortless eye, but the appearance of taking time to create when in reality it took about 3 minutes! I ultimately wanted to keep the colors alike for this daytime glam, providing a beautiful warmth and glow to the skin, while emphasizing the dewiness of the eyes.


* A good tip when you're running late is to remember you already own ten of the best makeup applicators- your fingers! Fingers are a great way to apply makeup for many reasons, the main being it takes less time to find your finger than it does to find the perfect blending brush amongst your collection. Another reason is your body's natural heat actually warms up product ensuring a more even, easy application. -- I used my fingers in both the day and night look to apply the shimmer color(s) on my lid. *


To transition eyes from day to night I gradually added darker colors to bring more definition to the eye area.


Using colors with the same mauve undertones to compliment the previous placed shadows, I started with a darker matte shade to add subtle crease definition and act as a transition.

Next, with my fingers, I applied a rich brown shimmer shade to the outer third of the lid, blending it into the previous lid color. 

Then, with a soft, slightly darker matte brown I blended the rich shimmer shade into the crease, adding even more definition to the eye area.

Lastly, I took my original crease color (used for the daytime look) on a big fluffy brush to ensure everything was blended seamlessly.

For the lower lash line, I combined the soft brown and mauve matte shades to define eyes, finishing by blending that out to desired effect using the same upper crease color.



I finished off this nighttime glam by adding a pop of color to the cheeks, some flirty falsies, and swapped the glossy nude lip for a softer matte.








*products used:
D A Y T I M E  G L A M;

eyes;
URBAN DECAY: Primer Potion
URBAN DECAY: Limit- Naked 3 Palette (transition shade)
MAC: Soft Brown (crease color/lower lash line)
NYX: Liquid Illuminator (base for shimmer color on lid)
URBAN DECAY: Trick- Naked 3 Palette (lid color)
ANASTASIA BH: Sand (inner corners)
NYX: Wonder Pencil- Light
BENEFIT: BadGal Lash Mascara
NYX: Eyebrow Cake Powder- Dark Brown & Taupe

face;
SMASHBOX: Hydrating Primer
REVLON: Colorstay Foundation
BENEFIT: Erase Paste- 02 (conceal dark circles)
MAC: Prolongwear Concealer (conceal/highlight)
MORPHE BRUSHES: 06CF Palette (to contour)
MAKEUP FOREVER: HD Powder (to set undereye area)
BEN NYE: Cameo (to brighten highlighted areas)
ANASTASIA BH: Fawn (to set contour)
ANASTASIA BH: Havana (warm up skin)
ANASTASIA BH: Sand (highlight)

lips;
NYX: Nude Beige (line/slightly fill in lips)
MILANI: Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss- Bare Secret


N I G H T T I M E  G L A M;

eyes;
STILA: Pure (brow bone)
URBAN DECAY: Nooner- Naked 3 Palette (define crease/transition shade/blend lower lash line)
MAKEUP FOREVER:  Eyeshadow #12 (outer lid/define lower lash line)
LORAC: Smokin' (deepen crease/blend lid colors)
ARDELL: Individuals- Medium
LOVE & BEAUTY: Shimmering Illuminating Powder- Champagne (inner corners)
+ products used for daytime glam

face;
BENEFIT: Hervana (blush)
LOVE & BEAUTY: Shimmering Illuminating Powder- Champagne (highlight)

lips;
NYX: Nude Beige (line/fill in lips)
NYX: Soft Matte Lip Cream- Cairo








0 comments