Summer's Edgy Glam



Sometimes you sit down to do your makeup, and sometimes the creative bug bites you...


Obviously I can't stray away from purples lately. I truly believe they are universally flattering and pair nicely with an array of other colors, for there are so many different shades and undertones to them. 

While I wish I could take full credit for this look, I can't. The inspo behind this edgy glam came from a picture of the amazing Desi Perkins I've had saved in my camera roll for quite some time now. Although my rendition of this look is similar, I still wanted it to possess that djkitty flair. Choosing colors and products that complimented my style and face structure allowed me to really put my signature on this look.


Now let's talk about these lips hunty! Personally I have always loved the look of black lips, however many still associate them in a more taboo, gothic sort of way. That is really why I wanted to incorporate them into this glam; to remind everyone that we are in the age of crazy colorful lipsticks, and pushing the limits when it comes to makeup and beauty. By incorporating them in a way that is more wearable, black lips become tasteful and fun.






*products used:

eyes;
LORAC: Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
NYX: Maybe Later (transition shade)
LORAC: Mango (crease)
URBAN DECAY: Freelove (crease)
ANASTASIA BH: Punch Fuchsia (inner part of lid; lower lash line)
URBAN DECAY: Trick - wet with eyedrops (lid)
URBAN DECAY: Ranson & Fishnet (blend/ outer v; lower lash line)
STILA: Twig (deepen outer v; lower lash line)
CROWN BRUSH: Iridescent Purple Shade (inner corner highlight)
MAKEUP FOREVER: Aqua Eyes- 0L Black
MAYBELLINE: Great Lash Mascara
RED CHERRY: #110 Lashes
NYX: Micro Brow Pencil- Espresso

face;
SMASHBOX: Photo Finish Luminizing Primer
NARS: Sheer Glow Foundation
BENEFIT: Erase Paste- 02
L.A. GIRL: Pro Concealer- Porcelain
LAURA MERCIER: Translucent Powder (set under-eyes)
TOO FACED: Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer- Carrie & Big (bronze/warm up skin)
THE BALM COSMETICS: Bahama Mama (to contour)
SMASHBOX: Contour Stick- Contour (contour nose)
THE BALM COSMETICS: Mary-Lou Manizer (to highlight- lots of it!!)

lips;
MAKEUP FOREVER: Aqua Eyes- 0L Black (to line lips)
MELT COSMETICS: Bane


*nails: Essie- I Pink I can












0 comments