Spring Wing


Thought it was about time to bring back the fierceness of a sharp wing.


I pulled inspiration for this look from this gorgeous matte Bare Minerals blush. Not only did the vivid pigment give me serious spring fever, but I ended up using it on both my eyes and cheeks. Resulting in a pretty, peachy monochromatic glam!

I wanted to shy away from my typical shadow style by concentrating colors on the inner corners- bringing them up into the brow. This is a more wearable take on an exaggerated eyeshadow look. This technique also brings a different look and balance to the eyes, for the wing is tapered and thicker towards the end.


This look also mixes the element of soft and hard. While the liner brings a strong detail to the look, the use of peach and pastel tones balance with a soft, feminine feel.

Keeping the lower lash line bare was definitely new to me, but I love the contrast it brings, helping the focus remain upwards towards the shadows!


Finishing up this springtime glam, I realized how many drugstore and more affordable products I brought into the mix. It was truly refreshing to incorporate some new and some forgotten products, kind of like spring cleaning for the face!  
Does this mean it's time to spring clean my apartment now?!




*products used:

eyes;
ELF: Eyeshadow Primer
MAC: Pro Sculpting Powder- Taupe (define "crease")
Bare Minerals: Blush- Laughter (to add color/ blur out "crease")
URBAN DECAY: Free Love (blur out shadow, bring  depth)
MAC: Pro Sculpt Powder- Accentuate  (lid color)
ANASTASIA BH: Illuminating Powder- Starlight (inner corners)
BODYOGRAPHY: Galaxy (brow bone highlight)
ELF: Liquid Liner
SMASHBOX: Full Exposure Mascara
SALON PERFECT: #615 Lashes
NYX: Micro Brow Pencil- Ebony

face;
CETAPHIL: Daily Moisturizer (hydrate & prime)
MAYBELLINE: Fit Me Foundation- Matte + Poreless
*even though my skin is dry, I prefer the wear and finish of the matte option.
 It also does not cling to dryer areas of my face*
LA GIRL: HD Pro Concealer- Porcelain (conceal)
COVERGIRL: Ready, Set, Gorgeous Concealer- Light (brighten)
RCMA: No Color Powder (set undereyes/ highlighted areas)
SMASHBOX: Contour Stick Trio- Contour
STILA: Sun Bronzer- 02
BARE MINERALS: Blush- Laughter
MILANI: Luminoso (blush topper for extra glow)
BENEFIT: Watt's Up Highlighter
LOVE & BEAUTY: Champagne Illuminating Powder

lips;
MAC: Lip Liner- Spice
COLOURPOP COSMETICS: Ultra Matte Lippie- Vice
NARS: Turkish Delight







0 comments