August & September Top 10 Beauty Favs


Somehow August completely got away from me, so once again I've decided to combine the last two months for double the favorites!


*all product pics are linked


Cocoa Brown, 1 Hour Tan Dark Mousse:
After seeing this all over social media, I finally decided to give it a try. Being the self-tanning queen that I am, I have to say Cocoa Brown gives you a beautiful natural looking tan! Having a more green undertone than orange and infused with CB's signature scent of tahitian gardenia, there is no awful self tanner smell! I personally apply mine at night and sleep in it, but the best part is it only takes 3 hours to develop a beautiful intense tan -- Ideal before a night out or event!




NYX, Born to Glow Illuminator- Sunbeam:
I honestly don't know why it has taken me this long to mention this product in a monthly favs. I seem to reach for this illuminator every time I sit down to do my makeup. I like to apply it before foundation to give me a healthy lit from within look, and to my shoulders and collar bones to give skin that glowing goddess look. Because let's be honest, there is nothing better than a shoulder glow that beams just as much as your highlight in a selfie!




Big Sexy Hair, What a Tease- Backcomb in a Bottle:
This stuff is B O M B! Having a lot of fine hair, holding a tease has always been an issue. It always looks good then 15 minutes later, my hair is flat again! Backcomb in a bottle is seriously a miracle  in a bottle. I prefer to hold sections of my hair out where I want a little extra oomph, spray, let dry, and be amazed at the instant lift without all the damage of actual backcombing or teasing! Be sure to read the directions on this bottle, and DO NOT SHAKE. I don't know exactly why, but the nozzle will clog up and stop spraying properly.




 Colourpop, Supershock Shadow- Lovely:
Another product I don't know why I haven't mentioned before. A soft light gold shade with flecks of multi-dimensional glitter. I love this shadow for a wash of shimmer on more natural days, to packing it on top of a smokey eye for a fun, glam twist. If you're a makeup artist this is also the perfect shade to keep in your kit during wedding season!




St. Ives, Naturally Indulgent Body Lotion- Coconut Milk & Orchid:
If you know anything about me, it's that I go through lotion like a crazy woman. Seriously, this 21oz bottle only lasted me about a month! Once you smell and experience this lotion for yourself, you won't be able to blame me. This non-greasy luxurious lotion made with coconut milk and other natural moisturizers soaks into the skin leaving it silky, smooth, and soft. This lotion is also your new BFF before a night out. Apply some to your legs for a glow that will have people wanting to insure your legs just like Mariah! Using every other day also helped to pro-long the life of my self-tan. 




Lorac, Tantilizer Baked Bronzer:
One of those products I mention using, but never talk about in a monthly favs. The swirled shades of terra cotta and gold will help your summer skin live on! I personally, like to apply this a a bronzer topper or a blush to give my skin a nice, radiant bronzed glow!




OPI, Lincoln Park After Dark:
Dark nails are my thing this season, and this polish is my current obsession! I honestly don't think I've switched my nail color in the last three weeks. A gorgeous midnight purple that literally suits all skin tones. Once you try it, this shade will be your fall nail color too!




Soap & Glory, 3-in-1 Daily Vitamin C Facial Wash:

This has been once of my favorite brands ever since I worked at Sephora many years ago. So, now that stores are carrying the entire line of products I've gone a little shopping crazy! I picked up a trial size of this cleanser and have been absolutely loving it so far! Perfect for nighttime use (after a long day of wearing makeup) this wash purifies skin, removes excess makeup, and gently exfoliates. Formulated with mojo-scrubbing beads, vitamins, amino-acids, and their exclusive super fruit complex. It says it is best for oily/combination skin, but I have drier more sensitive skin and haven't had any issues! -- p.s. Walgreens now carries the entire line of Soap & Glory products!




Sweet Spot Labs, Vanilla Blossom- On-the-Go Wipes:

This one is strictly for the babes, because sometimes we need to freshen up down there. Made by women, for women these wipes are 98% natural, gynecologist tested, and free of glycerin (which tmi, can cause yeast infections). Infused with antioxidants and pineapple extracts, these wipes will also keep you feeling refreshed and clean without altering your ph levels. The sleek, girl friendly packaging fits easily into your purse, overnight or gym bag. This vanilla scent is my favorite, but all the scents are available in a prepackaged to-go pack; perfect for those last minute adult sleepovers!




Quay Australia, On the Prowl Sunnies:
It's rare that I mention accessories, but I just HAD to include these sunnies. Quay ("key") is easily becoming one of my favorite sunglass brands for many reasons: they have the cutest styles, and the lenses are some of the darkest I've come across. These are my perfect big shades for those no makeup days. Throw them on and you look instantly chic!






You know the drill. Sign up through Ebates
 to start getting paid to shop online!



--Now that it's finally October, that means it's time for Halloween looks! I've already got a few ideas I want to bring to life, but all the requests and suggestions are welcome!


Until next month...




0 comments