Playful in Purple


What happens when your bestie, AKA your muse, comes over after a day of makeup shopping? A late night glam session, AKA my favorite thing!



I have been obsessed with all shades of purple this season! How fitting since Pantone named 2014 the year of Radiant Orchid. Purple makeup looks are universally flattering and lots of fun to create. You can take your look from glum to glam with just a pop of purple, or a full on smokey eye! Being such a neutral toned makeup lover - personally, I tend to forget how fun it is to dabble in color and just let my creativity take over. This night, I decided to dig through my black hole of makeup and use colors I typically forget about. Thankfully I have Valerie to let me experiment with these products, and it's just a bonus that purple is one of my favorite colors on her! 

I wanted this look to be fun and whimsical, while still being wearable for the everyday makeup lover. The best part, my silk robe became the perfect accessory. 






*products used:

face;
SMASHBOX: Light Foundation Primer
URBAN DECAY: De-slick
MAYBELLINE DREAM MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Sandy Beige & Caramel
BODYOGRAPHY FULL COVERAGE CONCEALER: #430 & #540
MUFE: HD Powder
ANATASIA BH: Fawn & Havana
BH COSMETICS: 10 color blush palette- pink shades
SEPHORA: Light Beam
MORPHE BRUSHES 28F PALETTE: Iridescent shade to hightlight 

eyes;
TOO FACED: Shadow Insurance
MORPHE BRUSHES 28F PALETTE: Purple, Pink, Blue, & Iridescent shades
URBAN DECAY: Fishnet
LORAC: Au Naturel
NYX GLITTER MANIA: Gold
WET N WILD: Black Cream Liner
SMASHBOX: Limitless Waterproof Brow Definer
KISS LASHES: Beyond Naturale 02
LOREAL: Voluminous

lips;
JORDANA LIP LINER: Cabernet
OCC LIP TAR: Hoochie
YSL LIPSTICK: #22
MAC VIVA GLAM: Nicki 2- Lipglass 
















0 comments