Travel with Me; What's in my Weekend getaway bag!


Okay, so I totally meant for this post to be up before the weekend was over, but internet connection in the country is not the best! 
As some may know, Valerie and I went on a mini road trip to West Texas to visit her family over this past weekend. Even though it was a short two-day trip it was nice to get away from everyday life for a while. I'm totally a city girl, but the vibe in the country is a nice change from the hustle and bustle in Dallas. Seeing that it was only a two day trip, I thought what better reason to put together a post about what I'm taking - beauty wise of course! While the weekend was full of lots of laughs and love, it feels good to be back home. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Philosophy - Purity:

Not only is this guy travel size, but he is a three in one product; eliminating the amount of products I need to bring. This wash cleanses the face, helps to pH balance, and removes all of my makeup without leaving my skin feeling tight. 








Ole Henriksen - 3 Little Wonders Travel Size:
Okay, my secrets are finally being revealed! These three little products have kept my skin flawless, glowy, and moisturized for three years and counting. But more about that in another post. Long story short; 

~ The serum contains vitamin c helping to keep skin radiant while lightening, tightening, and brightening. 


~ The moisturizer (blue jar), also contains vitamin c and licorice to help brighten skin and provides ample hydration. 


~ The night serum (green jar), work with natural ingredients to gentle exfoliate skin, and helps to prevent any breakouts and/or dark spots. See why they're my holy grail?!






Mario Badescu - Eye Cream & Facial Spray
Because you can't go anywhere overnight without an eye cream, and sometimes your skin (and you) need a refreshing boost. 





Eucerin - Aquaphor:
My skin is sooo dry at times that I slather this on at night and wake up with not only diminished dry spots, but a beautiful glow as well. I tried this technique when none of my moisturizers were providing enough hydration and have been hooked ever since. And no, this products does not break me out or clog my pores.








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Z.Palette:
Love these palettes! In case you are unfamiliar, the palettes come in different sizes to hold different sizes and amounts of products. They're also magnetic so you can easily mix and match different shadow pans to customize the palette however you wish.

~ Mac - Soft Brown: because it's the perfect transition color, or lazy day smokey eye shade

~ Anastasia Beverly Hills - Fawn: because you can't wear a full face of makeup without a contour

~ ABH - Vanilla: because you can't have a fabulous contour without a highlight. They're like ying & yang. 

~ ABH - Havana: this is a great color to warm up the skin, or can be used as an eyeshadow

~ ABH - Sand: because I looove a good highlight! This one is solid so it not only fits in my z palette, but I don't have to worry about it spilling all over my other products as a loose powder might.

~ Urban Decay - Naked Basics Palette & a few other eyeshadow singles:
These products are for added reassurance because let's be real, I'm an over-packer!

Benefit - Dallas: 
This is the perfect mauve/bronze shade, so it pairs beautifully with any makeup look.

Benefit - Hoola:
Because it's the perfect bronzer, duh!

Lips:
These are just a few of my favorites to mix and match to create perfect - but different nude lip shades. 

~ MAC - Cream Cup
~ MAC - Blankety
~ NARS - Turkish Delight
~ NYX Butter Gloss - Eclair

* everyday makeup essentials; foundation, concealer, primers, mascaras, brushes etc. 


This travel cosmetic case from Forever 21 is fabulous. I picked it up last year for our family vacation and won't travel without it. It holds everything, including the brush case!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the hard part, finding outfits in a closet full of nothing to wear!





*similiar cosmetic bag options : here & here 
*nails: OPI - I Just Can't Cope-acabana












0 comments