August Top 5 Beauty Favs


10 days into the month may be the latest I've ever posted a monthly favorites, but there was no way I was going to skip a month! I've been blessed enough to keep busy glamming for lots of different projects, so apologizes for putting my blog on the back burner. Long story short, I'm back- and what better way to start than to share the 5 products I was loving throughout August!



Clinique- Dramatically Different Moisturizer:
Taking it back to my middle school days! I stumbled upon this travel sized guy and wanting to try a new daytime moisturizer decided to pick it up. Anyway, I'm in love and after just a few uses noticed a change in the overall hydration and texture of my skin. Formulated to strengthen skin's moisture barrier, this moisturizer combats dryness without any greasy residue. Containing glycerin this moisturizer wears beautifully under makeup and can double as a hydrating primer, for it soaks into skin resulting in more even looking makeup. 
*I found this little guy at Macy's for $5, which is perfect if you just want to try it for a month or so.
**Also comes in a gel formula for more oily to combination skin types.




Anastasia Beverly Hills- Shadow Couture Palette:
No surprise that ABH does it again! This palette is part of their fall collection, and in my opinion a definite must-have. Containing 12 shades, some limited edition and some not, this palette lets your artist vibes shine through! Create dramatic fall inspired looks, or more wearable day looks, there is truly a shade for every type of makeup lover.




Eye Lure x Vegas Nay- Great Glamour Lashes:
Super wispy and full of volume, these lashes definitely bring the drama! The perfect compliment to a smokey eye or crisp wing, these lashes pretty much sell themselves. The only flaw being the thicker band, which can be tricky to apply, especially if you're not an avid lash wearer. However, after one or two wears the band molds to your eye shape and is much easier to apply, so you can get back to batting your glam lashes with confidence!




Maybelline- Better Skin Foundation:
I came across this foundation on one of my drugstore makeup binges and I'm absolutely in love! I totally understand why it's called "better skin". Formulated with actyl-c, which is basically a stronger form of vitamin c, this foundation is not only long-wearing but improves skin's texture and tone as well. Medium to full coverage, and actually comes in shades with yellow undertones! And I can proudly say that I have seen a difference in my skin's appearance, specifically my dark spots.




Mac- Fix +:
Obviously this product is always a favorite, but more so this past month. Maybe because it is mini (I can always carry it with me), or because it's summer and glowy skin is in. I prefer to use Fix + before makeup application for a more "natural" dewy look, and throughout the day to refresh skin and makeup. Another favorite way I used this product throughout the month was to transform a shimmer or glitter eyeshadow into a more pigment like consistency. *I have a whole blog post on how to do this, along with other products that work just as well, that I will link down below! Fix + is really just a water mist to hydrate skin, or to settle and melt makeup into skin eliminating the look of cake face, so even the most sensitive of skin's can use it. 









*nails: Essie- Chinchilly






Until next month...




0 comments