Fall Smoke Series; Plum


By now you can probably tell smokey eyes are one of my favorite makeup looks, and lucky for me, they never go out of style!


Dramatic smokey eyes were seen all over the fall runways this year. From Diane Von Furstenberg, Elie Saab, and Burberry, blown out, blended lids were the focal point when it came to makeup. While browns and blacks were predominately seen on the runways, I wanted to put my own spin on this fall makeup trend. 
Introducing the idea of a smoke series, where I show you different ways to incorporate falls hottest colors into different types of smokey eyes! 


Plum is a great shade to transition from summer to fall. Not only does it flatter every eye color, especially browns and greens, but you can build this color to whatever intensity you like. 


 For my eyes I wanted the plum to be the darkest, most intense part of the eye look, bringing in warmth through the use of mauve and burnt orange. To add a little sparkle to this overall matte look, I applied a pink champagne pigment to the inner corners. This mineral eyeshadow can be used wet or dry, and to me is the perfect compliment, for it reflects hints of purple. I also applied a little on the tops of my cheekbones to tie the look together, and because you can never have too much highlight!





 
*products used:

eyes;
LORAC: Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer
ANASTASIA BH: Soft Peach (transition shade)
ANASTASIA BH: Dusty Rose (second transition shade/blur out lower lash line)
ANASTASIA BH: Morocco (crease)
MAC: Damson (lower crease/ start of lid)
ANASTASIA BH: Aubergine (lid/ lower lash line)
THE BALM COSMETICS: Overshadow- Work is Overrated (inner corners/tops of cheekbones)
WET N WILD: Kohl Crayon- Calling your Buff
MAYBELLINE: Great Lash Mascara
ANASTASIA BH: Eyebrow Gel
NYX: Micro Brow Pencil
*can't remember what brand of lashes

face;
SMASHBOX: Primer Water
MAYBELLINE: Better Skin Foundation
BENEFIT: Erase Paste- 02
L.A. GIRL: HD Pro Concealer- Porcelain
LAURA MERCIER: Translucent Powder (to set under eye area/ face)
SMASHBOX: Contour Stick Trio- Contour & Highlight (to contour & highlight)
STILA: Sun Bronzing Powder- Shade 02 (bronze/deepen contours)
THE BALM COSMETICS: Betty-Lou Manizer (blush)
THE BALM COSMETICS: Mary-Lou Manizer (highlight)

lips;
MAC: Spice Lip Liner
LORAC: Alter Ego Lipstick- Centerfold



*check out some of my older posts where I share more tips and tricks on achieving the perfect smokey eye:








0 comments